A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Sunday, August 30, 2009

First UMC to Welcome a USC Fan this Sunday (Sept. 6)

This Sunday, September 6, my brother, Dave McDowell who is a USC grad will be providing the 9:45 & 11:00 special music at First United Methodist Church in Lancaster, Ohio.

Did I mention that he is a USC grad? Wow, when he's in church, it will be just six days prior to the big OSU/USC game that has national championship implications.

I don't know if I should bring this up, especially before the big game, but one day, I heard him say a disparaging remark about Jim Tressel's sweater vest. OK, forget that last comment.

Did I mention that he is a USC grad?

Seriously though, please offer a warm Buckeye welcome to my big brother, an ordained Deacon and Music Director of our home church, Stewartstown UMC, Stewartstown, PA. He is a talented musician who will offer his gift of music with us and he will enjoy meeting all of you. It will also be great for our family to spend time with him and our mother who will be traveling with him this weekend.

Did I mention that he is a USC grad?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Robert, We could divide the congregation and do a great big OH IO for him. Would that be a good welcome?

Robert McDowell said...

I know what the cheer does for me, so yes, that's a great idea! :)