A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Saturday, June 2, 2012

My Top Church Celebrity Names


Over the years, I have been priviledged to be the pastor of several well known celebrities.  OK, at least by name association.  On the lighter side of pastoral ministry, here are some of the celebrity names who were members of my church along with their "real" occupations.  I'll add others as they come to mind.

Pete Rose - A very successful farmer but I never saw him wear a Reds hat.
Jim Carter - I believe he was an educator and I don't think he was from Georgia.
Cindy Crawford - I golfed with her and officiated her daughter's wedding!
Charles Brown - He was a great organist but I hear that Schroeder was even better.
Charlie Brown - He loved our contemporary service unless Lucy was in attendance.
Rick Smith - He doesn't give lessons to any pro golfers but he sure is a great cook!

No comments: