A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Wednesday, March 11, 2015

My Pen Pal

Since I came to Lancaster First UMC almost six years ago, I have become a pen pal with someone who has an indirect relationship with the church. His name is Tom and he lives in the Columbus area. I probably receive an average of two to four letters per month from Tom.

I don't know a lot about who Tom is. All I know is that he cares about our church enough to frequently send us letters to let us know that he is thinking about us.

Here is a card that I am sending out today that offers early Easter greetings to him. Every time I send Tom a note, I am reminded of how the church doesn't just consist of the folks who attend worship on Sunday mornings. The church also includes people like Tom who are unable to attend worship but who stay in touch through prayer and correspondences.


No comments: