A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Thursday, April 9, 2015

Don't Overlook Our "Little Methodists!"


Rarely does a Sunday go by that I don’t receive a drawing, a hug, or nice comment from one of our “little Methodists.” This is the name that I have given to the young children who frequently greet me on Sunday morning.

Recently, one of our little Methodists gave me a drawing of our new “Love-Grow-Serve” logo. Our PR department must be doing something right!

A couple of months ago, another little Methodist had climbed the stairs to the 2nd floor to tell me, “Happy birthday, Pastor Robert!” Another little Methodist told me a couple of weeks ago that she might be a pastor someday.

Once in a while, a little baby Methodist will cry out during the middle of the worship service to let us all know that the sermon is particularly good that morning. I’m glad that this is becoming a common occurrence!

These little Methodists remind me that we are so blessed to have a church with people of all ages. The next time you see or hear a little Methodist, make sure you let them know that you are so glad they are an important part of our church family

Thank God for little Methodists and thank God for all of you! Together, we are the church!

No comments: