A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Friday, May 15, 2015

Inappropriate Hymns for a Pastor's Last Sunday


As I was selecting hymns for my last Sunday at Lancaster First UMC which will be June 14, it became very apparent to me that there are many hymns that would be inappropriate to use for this occasion. Thankfully, I have enjoyed a wonderful relationship with my congregation over these past six years and my actual hymn choices for my final Sunday will be nothing like these!

In the spirit of not taking ourselves too seriously in the church, I offer this list of the top 10 most inappropriate hymns for a pastor's last Sunday.


#10 


Hail Thee, Festival Day

#9 

Good Christian Friends, Rejoice

#8 

Come, Ye Thankful People, Come

#7 

Nobody Knows the Trouble I See

#6 

The Strife Is O'er, the Battle Done

#5 

He Never Said a Mumbalin' Word

#4 

Rock-a-Bye, My Dear Little Boy

#3 

Filled with Excitement, All the Happy Throng

#2 

When the Church of Jesus Shuts It's Outer Door


And the top most inappropriate hymn for a pastor's last Sunday is...


#1 

Move Me, Move Me

No comments: