A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Sunday, October 28, 2018

Holy Hands Puppeteers Skit (Oct. 28/Youth Sunday) “Trick Or Treat”



{DING DONG}

Kids: TRICK OR TREAT!

Pastor Robert: Well hello children!  Happy Halloween!  Now let’s see what we have here….

Meena:  I’m The Black Widow!

Connor: I’m Thor, the God of Thunder!

Mackenzie:  Ummm… I’m a ghost.

Pastor Robert: Why doesn’t your costume have eye-holes?

Meena: Mom wouldn’t let her cut holes in her good sheets.

Mackenzie: Yeah, so I’m a BLIND ghost.  WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Meena: But mom insists on following us around to make sure nobody gets hurt.

Mom (Kamile): (off stage) Hi Pastor Robert!!  

Pastor Robert: (Waves)

Mackenzie: Parents!!

Connor: I’m the god of thunder!  Nobody can hurt me!

Mackenzie: I wish I could see what is going on.

Pastor Robert:  Well I know about someone who was able to make the blind see.

Mackenzie: Really?  Where is his house?  Maybe he can fix my costume.

Pastor Robert: I’m talking about Jesus.  He cured 2 blind men when he was on his way to Jericho.

Meena:  How would he fix Mackenzie’s costume?  Maybe he could make the sheet transparent!

Pastor Robert: Well, Jesus didn’t really….

Connor: OR he could send lightning bolts from his hammer to burn 2 eye-holes

Pastor Robert: I don’t think Jesus could do that but…

Mackenzie: Yeah, Jesus doesn’t have a lightening hammer like Thor.

Meena: Maybe he could punch him in the head to reset his vision, just like Natasha Romanoff did to Hawkeye in the Avengers.  HAAAAYAAAA!!!!

Mackenzie:  Maybe, he could use a spell like Doctor Strange, the Sorcerer Supreme!

Pastor Robert:  I don’t think Jesus would do any of the things like that.

Meena: Well what kind of super hero is he?  What are his super powers?

Connor: Yeah if he can cure the blind he must have some super powers!

Pastor Robert: Well, as a matter of fact, Jesus did have super powers.

Meena: Like what?

Pastor Robert: Well, he could cure the sick, raise the dead and even feed a bunch of people with just a few fish and a bit of wine.

Mackenzie:  WOW!  So he could command an army of the dead.  COOL!

Pastor Robert: No, that is not what I mean.  I mean that he could help people.

Connor: Like the Avengers! 

Meena:  Or Wonder Woman!

Connor: If you’re into that DC universe stuff.

Meena: Helping people is nice, but it’s not really a super power. 

Connor: Yeah Dr. Strange could cure people and stuff.  Pastor Robert, what was Jesus’s real super power?

Pastor Robert: Love

All 3 children: LOVE???!!!

Pastor Robert: Yes, love.  Love is the most powerful force in the universe.  Jesus said “Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends” It can defeat the greatest of enemies.

Connor: Even Thanos?

Meena: Connor!  Thanos is make believe.  Jesus is REAL.

Mackenzie: I should have dressed up as Jesus for Halloween.  At least then I would be able to see.

PARENT (From off stage):  KIDS!  COME ON WE HAVE A LOT OF HOUSES TO GET TO!

Meena: Thanks Pastor Robert.

Connor: Yeah, I like talking to you.

Mackenzie:  But I think you left something out.

Pastor Robert: What is that?

ALL CHILDREN: The CANDY!!!!!!

No comments: