A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Thursday, April 30, 2009

Congratulations, Rev. Eric Bondapa!


Here is a recent e-mail I received from Rev. Eric Bondapa, the pastoral student from Africa attending Africa University. Our Common Cup ministry of 15 United Methodist churches was supposed to host Eric this past June and July as a student intern but his visa was denied.

Eric continues to keep in touch with us even though we still have not met face to face. He is truly an expression of the abundant and overflowing love of Jesus Christ.

Here's the e-mail I received from him today:


Dear Pastor Robert

I greet you in the name of Jesus Christ who is our Lord and savior.

I wanted to let you know and my churches that God has given me, that I finished the examens this Wen 29 and I'am now waiting for graduation in June 06. Let me also express my gratitude to you and to all the Churches that supported my education in 2008. You must be proud of this great achievement although it was not easy for me, but the dream is now a reality.. Praise God, keep praying for me because I need to further with my education

Love in Jesus Christ

Rev Eric

No comments: