A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Monday, November 9, 2009

Post Sunday Sermon Update - Extreme Home Makeover

In my sermon yesterday (November 8) I shared about a recent conversation I had with a man who told me that he had helped with the "Extreme Home Makeover" show which came to Beavercreek, Ohio this past July.

This man was asked to give a couple of hours of his time to run a forklift to help with the project. Instead, he told me that he ended up working 25 hours straight because he was so moved by the story of how they were helping a man in a wheelchair to provide for his family. As I prepared for yesterday's sermon which was based on the story of the poor widow who trusted God with all she had by giving her two remaining coins to the Temple treasury, I thought about this man who experienced the joy of giving all that he had to make a difference in this family's life.

During my sermon, I failed to mention that this episode would be aired last night on ABC. Here's an 8 minute clip which tells the inspiring story of how they helped this family in Beavercreek, Ohio.

No comments: