A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Saw God's Kingdom Today



Maple Street UMC in Lancaster, Ohio has opened a free store which provides clothing and household items for people in need.  Next to the store, they were serving their weekly Wednesday lunch.  It was a busy place!

As I walked around the aisles, it felt like a little heaven was touching earth.  The hungry were being fed.  The poor were receiving clothes.  And the people of the church were using their gifts to be a blessing to others.

I saw God's kingdom today.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do they accept donations? Like, clothes, shoes, toys... And if they do, what is the best way to contact them?
Every once in a while, I have stuff I don't need or want anymore, but it is still usable. Normally, I donate it all to Vietnam Veterans of America, but they are not always in the area. If some things can be shipped, I'd be happy to send them whenever I get anything suitable.

Robert McDowell said...

I'm sure they would appreciate those types of items. You can contact them on their website at http://www.maplestreetumc.org