As our church prepares for a new year of ministry, some vital vision focuses have been emerging through prayer and discernment. These were shared during our October 7 worship services. I invite our congregation to continue to pray for these six areas of focus and respond with our prayers, presence, gifts, service, and witness.
Friday, November 2, 2012
2013 Vision Focus - Lancaster First United Methodist Church
Our 2013 Vision – Empower & equip our congregation to intentionally invite people to our church events and make new disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of our community and world.
6 Areas of Focus:
· Provide 40 small group opportunities during Lent for our Unbinding Your Soul emphasis and encourage the congregation to invite unchurched friends to participate in these groups.
· Host a church-wide celebration event following our Unbinding Soul Lenten focus to help people from our UYS small groups meet more people in our church family.
· Have each committee/program area offer at least one event that is specifically designed to meet the needs of people who are outside our church community.
· Develop & implement an excellent hospitality ministry that intentionally welcomes all people who attend worship as well as other church events.
· Create prayer walking teams who pray in our church and community on a regular basis.
· Participate in a shared ministry model with Lancaster & surrounding area United Methodist Churches.