A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Friday, October 3, 2014

First Week "Living Generously" Reflections


During a recent worship service, Judy Hug, a church member reminded us that several young people had recently volunteered through United Way by dusting, polishing, and cleaning our sanctuary. As Judy shared this news with us, I felt so humbled that people outside our church had done this on our behalf. Sometimes, I forget about the people who serve in such gracious ways.

We are called to "live generously."

Our congregation has just begun a five-week church-wide focus called, “Living Generously.” We are already discovering through this focus that God has blessed us in so many ways and we are called to share these blessings with others. We are called to “live generously.”

My eyes are becoming more open to the blessings that are all around me thanks to this church study. I look forward to the remaining weeks of this series. “O Lord, help me to live generously for you. Amen.”


No comments: