A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Update on Rev. Eric Bondapa


Here is a recent e-mail I received from Rev. Eric Bondapa, the pastoral student attending Africa University. Our Common Cup ministry of 15 United Methodist churches was supposed to host Eric this past June and July as a student intern but his visa was denied.

Eric continues to keep in touch with us even though we still have not met face to face. He is truly an expression of the abundant and overflowing love of Jesus Christ.

Here's the e-mail I received from him today:

I first greet you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and savior.

I wanted to thank you for your prayers, my results were okay and I'am now sure of graduation in June. May you please tell my churches that I love so much, their prayers were heard by God and I'am now about to finish my studies here at Africa University, so that I can go and serve God. It was a difficult time being a student here, learning in a new country, with a new language, but God is good, yes, he is good all the time.

I thank you for your support, may God bless you and assist you in your ministry.

Love in Jesus-Christ

Rev Eric

No comments: