A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Monday, March 2, 2009

Sunday Morning Road Trip - Eleazer UMC


Cindy Liming, a member of Faith Community, is in the process of visiting all 15 Common Cup churches on Sunday mornings so she can become better acquainted with her fellow Common Cup brothers and sisters in Christ.

I asked Cindy to send me a brief summary of each of her visits as a way of highlighting how Christ is at work in each of our Common Cup Churches. Here are her reflections from her recent trip to Eleazer UMC:

"Yesterday, I was able to visit the beautiful little Eleazer United Methodist Church. The motto is "the little church that cares" and I think that sums up the congregation. The people who were there were as warm and friendly as all the others I have been meeting along my journey. I was able to sit on the "sun" side of the church and so I enjoyed watching the light shine through the stained glass windows.

There is a cedar tree right outside the window and when the wind blew its branches, the light danced on the pew. I really was paying attention, but I noticed this during the quiet times. Pastor John Beers gave a wonderful sermon and again, I really felt like I had been invited to a family's reunion. We sang some very nice hymns accompanied so well by the organ and piano.

The Holy Spirit is strong within and among us, Pastor Robert, and I was witness once again to God's goodness through His people."

No comments: