A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Friday, July 10, 2009

Thursday Morning Bible Study Farewell Brunch

For the past three or so years, I have been meeting on a weekly basis year round with a wonderful group of people for bible study, prayer, and fellowship.

We studied a variety of topics such as the Book of Romans, the Book of Revelation, the Epistle of James, "Simply Christian" by NT Wright, World Religions, "The Shack" novel, the writings of classical Christian authors, the United Methodist Hymnal as a devotional resource, "Just Neighbors," a study resource produced by Interfaith Hospitality Network (homeless ministry,) as well as other topics.

Each week, someone brings incredible desserts and sweets to share with the whole group and we always have coffee.

Yesterday, the group had their 2nd farewell lunch for me and like the 1st farewell lunch, the food was incredible. The first lunch was such a big hit that we decided to do it again!

The group presented me with a framed picture of me with the group that you see above. To my Thursday morning bible study group, I can only say, "thanks for the memories!"


No comments: