A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Rough Beginning & a Smooth Ending


Earlier this week, I had one of those bookend type of days. The kind of day where the beginning of the day started out rough and the ending was smooth.

It was early in the morning and I was in Columbus when I heard a loud "pop" as I was driving. I pulled off to the side and saw that my back right tire was totally flat. After scraping my knuckle on the rough pavement as I cranked up the jack, I put on the spare tire and finally made my way back to Lancaster.

The day had it's ups and downs as well. But around 9 at night as I was coming home from an errand, I pulled into a local McDonald's and ordered one of those wonderful wild berry smoothies. Wow! As the berry taste burst into my mouth as I drove home, I said a little prayer of thanksgiving to God for this end of day delight.
.
The day started out rough but it ended up smoothie.

God is good.

No comments: