A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Message to Lancaster First UMC from Bishop Gregory Palmer


Dear  Rev. Robert McDowell,

In January of this year, I began a breakthrough prayer journey.  Part of that journey is a pledge to pray daily for a few of our West Ohio churches so that by the end of the year, I will have prayed specifically for each and every one of our churches. In addition my weekly prayers will include our extension ministers, retired clergy, clergy spouses and the conference as a whole.
 
Today I will be in prayer specifically for your church, your congregation and leaders, your ministries.  Please know that you are all in my thoughts as well as in my prayers today. I invite you to join me in daily prayer and celebration of all that God has provided us.  I am so thankful for your ministry.
I hope that this day finds you well and encouraged by the excitement of our shared ministry of making disciples for Jesus Christ.
Yours in ministry,
Gregory V. Palmer, Bishop

No comments: