A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Saturday, March 29, 2014

Easter Thoughts - Sharing the Good News


     Last year while on vacation, I met a little four-year old girl who lives next to my niece’s house. She was one of the most outgoing four year olds I have ever met.
     Even though she had just met us for the first time, she engaged us in a conversation that was quite impressive for a four year old. As she was talking with us, her mother told her to tell us about the bug. “Tell them about the bug you saw.”
     The little girl’s face looked really sad as she described in great detail about this bug that looked like it was going to die. We were all wondering why she was telling us this very sad story.
     All of the sudden, her eyes lit up and she began jumping up and down with great joy. “But then it turned into a butterfly! It did! It really did! It turned into a butterfly!” I don’t think I’ll ever forget the excitement in her voice as she told us about the dying bug that turned into a beautiful butterfly.
     As we approach Easter and the good news of the empty tomb, I think of this little girl who was so excited to share her story of life over death with us. May we do the same.

No comments: