A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Tuesday, January 20, 2015

My Super Bowl Trophy - A Gold Star

Here I am proudly wearing a special gold star given to me by our administrative assistant today because I was the first to give her my articles for our upcoming newsletter. It was a fun way to acknowledge a simple achievement.


This gold star reminds me of a ping pong trophy that I won when I was in Elementary School. I couldn't believe that they gave me a trophy for beating a couple of other kids who weren't very good at ping pong. Nevertheless, it was a symbol of an achievement.

My gold star is a little reminder that it's the little things we do that can have the greatest impact in life.

We don't always give out stars or trophies to people who live out their faith in simple but faithful ways. Sometimes, even our best efforts go ignored. My gold star is a little reminder that it's the little things we do that can have the greatest impact in life.


In a couple of weeks, some billionaire NFL owner will lift up the Superbowl trophy as a sign of victory because of a great accomplishment. As for me, I'm just as content in wearing my gold star. This gold star reminds me to keep doing the little things well, like something as mundane as typing out church newsletter articles. God will take care of the rest.

No comments: