A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Sunday, June 7, 2015

What I Won't Miss & What I Will Miss at Lancaster First United Methodist


What I Won't Miss and What I Will Miss at Lancaster First United Methodist
By Robert Vincent McDowell
June 7, 2015

Let's begin with what I won't miss. You are free to hiss, hiss.
I won't miss the Sunday I fainted, this was not on my wish list.
I won't miss hearing OH-IO, and my team getting the diss, diss.
I won't miss the drunk guy ring'n the church bell at night and then getting sick, sick.
I won't miss the tracks on my way to Crossroads, knowing I'll be late and shaking my fists.
I won't miss my Wednesday weekly bible study when Pearleene would kiss, kiss.
I won't miss the loud freezer alarm, that sounded like the landing of a huge space ship.
Yeah, these are the things I won't miss.

Now, let me tell you about a few things that I will miss, lest I be remiss.
I will miss all of you, especially the several little Methodists.
I will miss the ham loaves because there's no food better than this.
I will miss the great staff here who serve people with such great openness.
I will miss my short commute so that I could be so close to my beautiful princess.
I will miss your love and compassion during that year that my mom passed.
I will miss this place where I walked my daughter to begin her marital bliss.
Yeah, these are the things that I will miss.

But of all the things I will miss, nothing compares to what I have intentionally missed.

You have shown that by God's grace, you can overcome ANY challenge here at First United Methodist.

No comments: