A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Good Work Out at the Church

I was able to make my first trip to the "Y" for a work out last night. There were probably twenty or so people doing cardio and lifting weights while I was there.

Earlier in the day, I had a spiritual work out at the church as well. It began with a staff worship exercise in the chapel. Pastor Cheryl Foulk led an inspiring service which included holy communion. When you work out in church, it's always good to stay replenished!

From that work out, I went to another room to focus on another exercise...a program staff meeting to help strengthen the ministries of the church. We talked a lot about our fall programing, new member classes, and ministry initiatives which will be coming our way in 2010.
From there, I worked out with a worship planning team and together, we planned future Sunday worship services. Another exercise group called Staff/Parish Relations gathered to see how we can best support our staff leadership to continue to lead us in making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.

Before I left the church work-out, I came across one more group of folks breaking a sweat and that was our global missions team. They wanted to show me what their new Lithuania/Latvia workout machine looks like which will be coming to our church this April.

It was great to see so many people getting a work out in church. These folks motivate me to stay in shape in my personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Gotta go...I have another church work out this morning.
.

No comments: