A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Today is "Nikos" Day!

The reason my web blog is called "Nikos," pronounced (nee'-kos) is because of today's New Testament passage of scripture which appears in "The Daily Office" readings.

If I had to pick one chapter of scripture as my favorite, it would be this one in which the Apostle Paul is helping the Corinthian Christians to anchor their faith around the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The word that Paul uses here, nikos, is a greek word that encourages us to celebrate Jesus' victory over sin and death through his resurrection and the incredible good news that one day, those who have faith in Christ, will also be given new bodies when we live in God's renewed creation.

As you go through your day today, remember this wonderful chapter from I Corinthians and these words of good news:

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


No comments: