A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Monday, May 3, 2010

I'm Praying for You

This morning, out of the blue, I receive an e-mail from a member of a past church I served letting me know that she is praying for me today. She read something in her daily devotional reading that talked about praying for pastors so she took the time to send me a note of encouragement.

As I went through the day facing difficult decisions and moments of uncertainty, I found myself thinking back to this person who had sent me the e-mail earlier in the day. At the time, I didn't realize how important her prayers would be. But now, at 11:30 P.M. and looking back on my day, I don't know what I would have done without them.

And thankfully, I'm sure there will be someone else taking up the cause to pray for the preacher when the sun rises again.

Thank you for the prayers, Kelley.


No comments: