A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!


Today is my mom's birthday. For the past 23 years, we have been separated by approximately 460 miles but we have a tradition of seeing each other a couple of times each year. I called her today and told her that she's a wonderful mom.

The older I get, the more I am thankful for what my mom and dad have given me...they have passed on their faith to me and now I am Wesleyan to the bone!
One of the things I most appreciate about my mom is that she and dad gave us stability and a strong foundation. People tell me that I appear to be higher than average in the area of emotional stability. If this is true, I can't take any credit. I have only them to thank.

Happy birthday, mom.

No comments: