A United Methodist Pastor's Theological Reflections

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory (nikos) through our Lord Jesus Christ." - I Corinthians 15:57


Monday, January 24, 2011

A 2011 Daily Prayer - Lancaster, Ohio First UMC


.
During this past Sunday's sermon, I invited each member of our congregation to pray daily for First UMC throughout this year. It is a prayer for rejuvenation.

Dear God, thank you for First United Methodist Church. Strengthen us through the power of the Holy Spirit to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world through radical hospitality, passionate worship, intentional faith development, risk-taking mission, and extravagant generosity. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

1 comment:

$TEVE said...

I have printed out this prayer and have it on my desk where I am sure to see it every day so that I can remember to pray daily for First United Methodist Church.